- This event has passed.
NATIVE AMERICAN FEATURE FILM WRITERS LAB (Regular Deadline)
June 19 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
We are accepting applications for the third NATIVE AMERICAN FEATURE FILM WRITERS LAB. This is a 10-week program that will take place on-line in late August through late October 2020. The lab is an intensive scriptwriters workshop that prepares Native Americans for writing careers at major film studios and production companies. This program is supported by COMCAST NBCUniversal, Cherokee Nation Film Office, the Walt Disney Company, California Community Foundation and Sony Pictures Entertainment.
“We are thrilled to support another group of Native American writers for this year’s feature film writers lab. Each individual selected will express new, bold and diverse voices as well as provide a powerful vision as screenwriters.” said Patricia Gomes, Programs Director, Barcid Foundation.
The NATIVE AMERICAN FEATURE FILM WRITERS LAB is designed to familiarize participants with the format, characters and storyline structure of narrative feature film. The ten week total immersion workshop will be conducted in Los Angeles, CA and offer intensive instruction throughout the duration of the lab.
A total of 5 writers will be accepted throughout Native American and indigenous communities from an established network of tribes, non-profit agencies, universities, guilds and media organizations. The overall goal is that the participants garner the skills necessary to obtain employment as writers in the industry.
The NATIVE AMERICAN FEATURE FILM WRITERS LAB consists of the selected participants meeting five days a week for ten weeks, receiving instruction from professional writers and learning about the feature film industry. The lab participants will meet with working writers and creative executives to offer their background, perspective, and professional advice. Selected scripts will have a staged reading at the 14th Annual LA SKINS FEST in November.
How it Works:
If accepted into the program you must be willing to make a commitment to meeting evenings on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays, and during the day on Saturdays and Sundays. This program will be for ten weeks.
Who Should Apply:
The NATIVE AMERICAN FEATURE FILM WRITERS LAB is for writers who are capable of writing a feature script within ten-weeks. Each selected participant is expected to complete at least one script by the end of the ten-week session.
When to Apply:
The submission period for the NATIVE AMERICAN FEATURE FILM WRITERS LAB is now open.
How to Apply:
Email a completed application, a completed release form, submit one writing sample of a theatrical play or feature film script in any genre to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that writing teams are eligible. You must be 18 or over to apply. All submitted material must be original, and all rights must be wholly owned by the writer.
The NATIVE AMERICAN FEATURE FILM WRITERS LAB submission deadlines and submission fees:
Regular deadline June 17th, 2020 – $50.00
Late deadline July 1st, 2020 – $65.00
- 2020 Completed Application Form (download 2020 NATIVE AMERICAN FEATURE FILM WRITERS LAB Application here )
- One Writing sample in .pdf format (we only accept feature length scripts or full length stage plays)
- Resume or Bio in .pdf or .doc format
- Statement of interest (Maximum 500 words): Why do you want to write full length feature scripts? in .pdf or .doc format
- Signed release forms in .pdf or .doc format. (Release Form pdf or Release Form doc.)
- Professional references. Please provide contact information.
- Submission Fee
- -Submission fee can be paid through PayPal
- The NATIVE AMERICAN FEATURE FILM WRITERS LAB early deadline to apply
- is June 3rd, 2020 (Regular deadline is June 17th, Late deadline July 1st, 2020).
- 8. Email materials to email@example.com
- Barcid Foundation
- Attn: NATIVE AMERICAN FEATURE FILM WRITERS LAB
- 1801 N. Kingsley Dr #102 / Los Angeles, CA 90027
- Email all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org