- This event has passed.
2nd Annual Virtual Native American Animation Lab
The LA Skins Fest, in partnership with Comcast NBCUniversal, Cartoon Network and Women In Animation, is opening applications for the 2nd Annual Native American Animation Lab. This is a multi-day virtual intensive that provides creative development of a current project, meetings with our corporate partners and pitching opportunities. Due to the success of the inaugural Native American Animation Lab, we have created new opportunities for Native Americans in the industry.
This is an intensive workshop for Native American writers, filmmakers and artists who have an animated film, script, treatment, comic book, or visual materials they want to develop into an animated television series or feature film.
The Native American Animation Lab is a multi-day program that will take place virtually December 7th – 11th, 2020. The lab includes intensive group discussions, one on one meetings and extensive instruction on developing an animation project. The overall goal is to create genuine career building connections within the animation industry.
“We are excited to open our applications for the groundbreaking Native American Animation Lab. Our 2019 program was an incredible success and showed the great potential and talent within our community of artists. We intend to grow that opportunity and push our people to the forefront of entertainment.” announced Ian Skorodin (Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma), CEO, Barcid Foundation.
A total of 7 applicants will be accepted throughout Native American and indigenous communities from an established network of tribes, non-profit agencies, universities, guilds and media organizations. The overall goal is that the participants garner the skills necessary to obtain employment in film, television and short form animation.
The Native American Animation Lab consists of the selected participants meeting for the 5 day program, receiving career guidance and learning about the animation industry. The lab participants will meet with working writers and creative executives to offer their background, perspective, and advice.
How it Works:
If accepted into the program you must be willing to make a commitment to coming to the duration of the 5 day virtual lab.
Who Should Apply:
The Native American Animation Lab is for Native Americans who have an animated film (short or feature), script, treatment, comic book, or visual materials that can be developed and pitched as an animation series or feature film. Each selected fellow must be capable of developing their materials according to the guidance provided in the lab and offer their material as a salable property.
When to Apply:
The submission period for the Native American Animation Lab is now open.
How to Apply:
Email a completed application, a completed release form, submit one sample of an animated film, pilot television script, a feature film script, a treatment, an original comic book or visual materials (i.e. concept art) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that writing teams and lab alumni are eligible. You must be 18 or over to apply. All submitted material must be original and all rights must be wholly owned by the writer.
The Native American Animation Lab early deadline to apply is October 9th, 2020 (Regular deadline is October 23rd, 2020, Late deadline November 6th, 2020).
- 2020 Completed Application Form (download 2020 NATIVE AMERICAN ANIMATION LAB application here ) with description of submission materials (500 word maximum).
- One creative sample that includes an animated film, a pilot television script, a feature film script, a treatment, an original comic book or visual materials (i.e. concept art)
- Resume or Bio in .pdf or .doc format
- Statement of interest (Maximum 500 words): Why do you want to work in animation? in .pdf or .doc format
- Signed release forms in .pdf or .doc format. (Release Form pdf or Release Form doc.)
- Professional references with description of their experience with the applicant, contact information, their company, title and position
- Submission Fee
- -Submission fee can be paid through PayPal
- The Native American Animation Lab early deadline to apply is October 9th, 2020 (Regular
- deadline is October 23rd, 2020, Late deadline November 6th, 2020).
- 8. Email materials to email@example.com
Submission fee be paid through Paypal or by mailing in check:
Attn: 2ND ANNUAL NATIVE AMERICAN FEATURE FILM WRITERS LAB
1801 N. Kingsley Dr #102 / Los Angeles, CA 90027
- Email all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org