We expanded our Native Youth initiative and will be offering 2018 NATIVE YOUTH MULTIMEDIA WEEKEND in November that will offer studio tours, workshops, screenings, and attendance to the 2018 Native American Media Awards in Hollywood, CA.
The NATIVE YOUTH MEDIA TOUR is a career development component designed to encourage Native American youth to explore employment in the entertainment industry and seek higher education. These professional visits include presentations from corporate staff that encourage the participating youth to pursue careers in film, television and media.
Our program has visited NBC/UNIVERSAL, University of Southern California, Sony Electronic Arts, UCLA, Sony Pictures, DISNEY STORE Headquarters, ACE BROADCASTING NETWORK, NASA’s Jet Propulsion Labs in Pasadena, CA, and Paramount Studios. Each tour included a lecture series that featured employment and internship information as well as a tour of the soundstages and facilities of the television and movie studio. In addition, youth were informed about scholarship information, college majors and career opportunities.
Native organizations and tribes we have collaborated include Sherman Indian High School, Torres Martinez Tribal TANF in Commerce, CA, Tonkawa Tribe of Oklahoma, Sac N Fox Nation of Oklahoma, United American Indian Involvement, Inc., in downtown Los Angeles, Pala Band of Mission Indians, the Viejas Band of Kumeyaay Indians, and the Big Pine Tribe of the Owens Valley.
For more information or if you are interested in participating, please e-mail us at email@example.com
- 2018 NATIVE YOUTH MULTIMEDIA WEEKEND November 15 - November 18 Nov 15 @ 12:00 am The 2018 NATIVE YOUTH MULTIMEDIA WEEKEND, sponsored by NBC Universal, is an advance track program geared towards Native youth who are interested in pursuing career opportunities in TV, film and new... Film Details
- LA SKINS FEST Youth Media Tour November 13, 2015 @ 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm Nov 13 @ 12:00 pm We expanded our youth initiatives to include the YOUTH MEDIA TOUR. This is a career development component designed to encourage Native American youth to explore employment in the entertainment industry and seek higher... Film Details
- Native Youth Media Tour November 13, 2015 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm Nov 13 @ 1:00 pm On November 13th, 2015, the LA SKINS FEST conducted its annual studio and network tour for Native Youth. In the morning, youth and tribal councilmen from the Viejas Band of... Film Details
- YOUTH FILM WORKSHOP November 14, 2015 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm Nov 14 @ 1:00 pm On Saturday November 14th, Native American youth from Southern California, Northern California, Arizona and New Mexico participated in a film workshop. The youth collaborated on a short film instructed by... Film Details
- 2016 NATIVE YOUTH MEDIA TOUR November 18, 2016 @ 12:00 am - 4:00 pm Nov 18 @ 12:00 am Paramount Studios Film Details
- SONY STUDIOS – 2017 NATIVE YOUTH MEDIA TOUR July 14, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Jul 14 @ 8:00 am On July 14th, 2017, the Native Youth Media Tour went to Sony Studios with several youth from the Morongo Tribal TANF. Sony hosted a special walking tour that allowed Native... Film Details
- CBS 8 in San Diego – 2017 Native Youth Media Tour July 28, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Jul 28 @ 8:00 am On July 28th 2017, the Native Youth Multimedia Workshop program coordinated a tour of the CBS affiliate in San Diego. Viejas Band of Kumeyaay youth were given access to the stages,... Film Details