- This event has passed.
INAUGURAL NATIVE AMERICAN ANIMATION LAB
November 1 @ 8:00 am - 11:59 pm
Submissions Now Closed!
The LA Skins Fest, in partnership with Comcast NBCUniversal, The Walt Disney Studios, Crunchyroll, Fullscreen, Rooster Teeth, Cartoon Network Studios and Sugarshack Animation, is launching the Native American Animation Lab. This is a multi-day intensive that provides creative development of a current project, meetings with our corporate partners and pitching opportunities. Due to the success of the Native American TV Writers Lab and Native American Feature Film Writers Lab, we have been able to expand opportunities for Native Americans in the industry.
This is an intensive workshop for Native American writers and artists who have an animated film, script, treatment, comic book, or visual material they want to develop into an animated television series or feature film.
The inaugural Native American Animation Lab is a multi-day program that will take place in December, 2019 in Los Angeles, CA. The lab includes intensive group discussions, one on one meetings and extensive instruction on developing an animation project. The overall goal is to create genuine career building connections within the animation industry.
“We have a talented community in need of exposure, access, and opportunity. This new endeavor will get more Native American voices in front of the right people who can develop their projects and build their careers.” announced Ian Skorodin (Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma), LA SKINS FEST Director of Strategy and Outreach.
A total of 7 writers will be accepted throughout Native American and indigenous communities from an established network of tribes, non-profit agencies, universities, guilds and media organizations. The overall goal is that the participants garner the skills necessary to obtain employment in film, television and short form animation.
The Native American Animation Lab consists of the selected participants meeting for the entire day for 5 days, receiving career guidance and learning about the animation industry. The lab participants will meet with working writers and creative executives to offer their background, perspective, and advice.
How it Works:
If accepted into the program you must be willing to make a commitment to coming to Los Angeles for the duration of the 5 day lab. Some travel provided for applicants located in the United States.
Who Should Apply:
The Native American Animation Lab is for Native Americans who have an animated film (short or feature), script, treatment, comic book, or visual materials that can be developed and pitched as an animation series or feature film. Each selected fellow must be capable of developing their materials according to the guidance provided in the lab and offer their material as a salable property.
When to Apply:
The submission period for the Native American Animation Lab is now open.
How to Apply:
Email a completed application, a completed release form, submit one sample of an animated film, pilot television script, a feature film script, a treatment, an original comic book or visual materials (i.e. concept art) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that writing teams and lab alumni are eligible. You must be 18 or over to apply. All submitted material must be original and all rights must be wholly owned by the writer.
The Native American Animation Lab Late deadline to apply is November 1st, 2019..
- 2019 Completed Application Form (download Native American Animation Lab Application here ) with description of submission materials (500 word maximum).
- One creative sample (we only accept one sample of an animated film, pilot television script, a feature film script, a treatment, an original comic book or visual materials (i.e. concept art)
- Resume or Bio in .pdf or .doc format
- Statement of interest (Maximum 500 words): Why do you want to work in animation? in .pdf or .doc format
- Signed release forms in .pdf or .doc format. (Release Form pdf or Release Form doc.)
- Professional references with description of their experience with the applicant, contact information, their title and position, company they work.
- Submission Fee
- -Submission fee can be paid through PayPal
- The Native American Animation Lab early deadline to apply is September 2nd, 2019 (Regular
- deadline is October 1st, 2019, Late deadline November 1st, 2019).
- 8. Email materials to email@example.com
- Email all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org