- 12th ANNUAL LA SKINS FILM FEST ANNOUNCES CALL FOR FILM ENTRIES
- Los Angeles Skins Fest (LA SKINS FEST)
- Presented by COMCAST NBCUNIVERSAL
- Announces 2018 Call For Submissions
For 6-Day Festival in Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA. May 1st, 2018 —The LA SKINS FEST presented by COMCAST NBCUniversal, announced today that they are now officially accepting film entries for their 12th Annual film festival taking place November 13th-18th, 2018 at the Chinese Theater in Hollywood.
- The LA SKINS FEST will celebrate filmmakers whose original works are distinguished and offer a new voice in cinema. Films accepted in the festival will be eligible for the competition, distribution opportunities and prizes from our corporate sponsors. This year, awards will be given to the following categories: Achievement in Narrative Filmmaking, Documentary, Narrative Short, Documentary Short, Animation, Writer, Director, Actor, Actress and Audience Award.
“We’ve seen Native American filmmakers grow more talented every year. We want to continue to build a bridge between our community and the industry,” cited festival director Patricia Gomes. “Our main objective is to get our people genuine opportunities.”
- Once again, this year’s festival will offer a week long series of events throughout Hollywood. The film festival will premier exciting new Indigenous films, present the 6th Annual Native Media Awards Celebration, provide the 7th Writers Pitch Workshop and host Native American filmmakers from throughout North and South America.
“We are excited to continue our success, prestige and opportunity for Native American filmmakers. Every year, we grow our endeavors so the Native American community can become a larger part of the overall entertainment industry,” said Ian Skorodin, LA SKINS FEST founder and executive director. “Our annual film festival not only provides an incredible venue for our filmmakers but offers access to creative executives, casting personnel, and distribution platforms.”
The Festival is an initiative of the Native American non-profit the Barcid Foundation and aims to showcase the rising talent in Native American filmmaking. This year the LA SKINS FEST is expanding the screening series to accommodate the growing talent in Indian Country.“After the overwhelming success of 2017 and the growing level of Hollywood and tribal interest, the festival continues to encourage new and exciting films from Native America,” said festival board member and Vice Chairman of the Ramona Band of Cahuilla, Manuel Hamilton.
- Corporate support of the LA SKINS FEST plays an essential role in the life of the festival and emphasizes the festival’s commitment to quality, exploration, and excellence in the art of cinema, TV and new media. The Los Angeles Skins Fest is privileged to partner with some of the world’s most renowned entertainment brands; including Comcast NBCUniversal, San Manuel Band of Mission Indians, the Walt Disney Company, CBS Corporation Diversity, HBO, 21 Century Fox, Turner, A+E, Aids Healthcare Foundation, Santa Ynez Band of Chumash, Bad Robot, United Talent Agency, Walter Kaitz Foundation, Motion Picture Association of America, Lionsgate, ABC7, Paramount, Sony, Los Angeles Department of Cultural Affairs, City of Los Angeles Councilmember Mitch O’Farrell, MGM Resorts International, and the UCLA – American Indian Studies Center.
Applications are available at www.laskinsfest.com. Early Deadline August 20th 2018. Regular Deadline September 10th, 2018. Late deadline October 1st, 2018. Mailed entries must be postmarked with deadline date.
- The 12th Annual LA SKINS FEST provides information in its entirety at www.laskinsfest.com. Film stills and Festival images are available upon request. Email email@example.com for more information.
About The LA SKINS FEST
The prestigious Los Angeles Skins Fest ranks among the country’s best film festivals and is an annual gathering for film industry insiders, cinema enthusiasts, filmmakers, and critics. The LA Skins Fest is considered a major launching ground for Indian Country’s most talked about films. Founded in 2007, the Los Angeles Skins Fest, presented in the historic TCL Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, is a 6-day multicultural event celebrating the art of film, TV and new media. The Los Angeles Skins Fest’s long‐standing commitment is to join filmmakers and film connoisseurs together to experience great cinema. The exciting schedule consists of dozens of filmmakers presenting their newest works, special artist development programs, tributes to community leaders, special events, and remarkable films. Festival headquarters are in Los Angeles, CA.
- Media Contact:
- Patricia Gomes, Festival Director
- 323 466 7400